dcssblk device driver configuration
Dave Jones
2012-10-21 02:50:02 UTC
Hello, gang.

I'm working with the s390x wheezy release of Debian and I want to use
the dcssblk to access some existing DCSSes. How do I configure the
kernel to load the dcssblk driver and access the DCSS at boot time?

I can do this manually after boot by a "modprobe dcssblk" and a "echo
DCSSNAME > /sys/devices/dcssblk/add" but I want this done automatically
at boot time?

Thanks and have a good one, too.
--
Dave Jones
V/Soft Software
Philipp Kern
2012-10-25 22:30:02 UTC
Post by Dave Jones
I'm working with the s390x wheezy release of Debian and I want to use
the dcssblk to access some existing DCSSes. How do I configure the
kernel to load the dcssblk driver and access the DCSS at boot time?
I can do this manually after boot by a "modprobe dcssblk" and a "echo
DCSSNAME > /sys/devices/dcssblk/add" but I want this done automatically
at boot time?
I think that really depends on when you need the driver to be loaded. The usual
way would be to add a driver to /etc/modules. In theory the last script to
execute during the boot process would be /etc/rc.local, but you should try to
be idempotent there. Obviously that wouldn't help you if you need it ready for
any earlier script to run properly.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern