S390 Release 6.0.5
Martin, Larry D
2012-06-14 14:00:02 UTC
I am trying to boot from CD at the HMC into an LPAR but I cannot find a valid mirror site. I have tried 6 or 7 in the US but it always comes back and says not a valid mirror.

Is there a list of valid mirrors for this S390 release?

Thanks, .............Larry

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Prince George’s
County Government or Prince George's County 7th Judicial Circuit
Court proprietary information or Protected Health Information,
which is privileged and confidential. This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and
attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited by federal law
and may expose you to civil and/or criminal penalties. If you have
received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.
Philipp Kern
2012-06-14 18:30:02 UTC
Post by Martin, Larry D
I am trying to boot from CD at the HMC into an LPAR but I cannot find a valid
mirror site. I have tried 6 or 7 in the US but it always comes back and says
not a valid mirror.
Is there a list of valid mirrors for this S390 release?
ftp.us.debian.org? That one's supposed to carry s390 (and does for me). If that
doesn't work, /var/log/syslog should have some information why.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern
Stephen Powell
2012-06-16 12:30:02 UTC
Post by Martin, Larry D
I am trying to boot from CD at the HMC into an LPAR but I cannot find
a valid mirror site. I have tried 6 or 7 in the US but it always
comes back and says not a valid mirror.
Is there a list of valid mirrors for this S390 release?
Thanks, .............Larry
A list of all published Debian mirrors can be found at

http://www.debian.org/mirrors/list

The architectures supported by each mirror are listed. Not all mirrors
mirror all architectures. However, you may have a network connectivity
problem. Are you using the correct network device in the correct mode?
--
.''`. Stephen Powell
: :' :
Jeanine
2012-06-28 04:30:02 UTC
I ran into this today. Picking from the list worked once then kept
failing. If I remember correctly I manually put in:
"ftp.us.debian.org" and that worked.
I also had the standard install loop on dasd selection. I would
partition and format then loop back to dasd selection.
I opened another session, went to shell and used partman to get around
this bug.
Nelson Ducote