New ghc6 needs manual bootstrapping for C++ ABI/libgmp3 transition.
Kurt Roeckx
2005-09-01 21:50:09 UTC

Because of the C++ ABI transition, ghc6 needs to be rebuild
against the new libgmp3c2. This however requires a manual
bootstrap because all build dependencies can't be installed.
We're however lucky that the old and new libgmp3 are compatible
and nothing is using any C++. This allows an easy workaround.

I'm still looking for people who want to build it on one of the
following arches: hppa, ia64, powerpc and s390.

To build it, follow the instruction in
debian/bootstrap-extracted.

PS: The build dependency on libgmp3-dev should have been
= 4.1.4-7, 4.1.4-10 is currently the latest in sid and available
on all arches.

Kurt
LaMont Jones
2005-09-01 21:50:11 UTC
Post by Kurt Roeckx
I'm still looking for people who want to build it on one of the
following arches: hppa, ia64, powerpc and s390.
I'll be building hppa/ia64 this week/weekend.

lamont
LaMont Jones
2005-09-06 23:40:08 UTC
Post by Kurt Roeckx
Because of the C++ ABI transition, ghc6 needs to be rebuild
against the new libgmp3c2.
To build it, follow the instruction in
debian/bootstrap-extracted.
Done. Btw, if I'm silly enough to try to rebuild ghc6 using the
newly-built ghc6, then haddock is FTBFS (after ghc6, build happy, then
try haddock...):

thoughts?
lamont

/usr/bin/ghc -o haddock.bin -H16m -O -package network -fglasgow-exts -cpp Binary.o BlockTable.o Digraph.o FastMutInt.o HaddockDB.o HaddockHH.o HaddockHtml.o HaddockLex.o HaddockModuleTree.o HaddockParse.o HaddockRename.o HaddockTypes.o HaddockUtil.o HaddockVersion.o HsLexer.o HsParseMonad.o HsParseUtils.o HsParser.o HsSyn.o Html.o Main.o
Main.o: In function `__stginit_Main_':
ghc12973.hc:(.text+0x1536f): undefined reference to `__stginit_ControlziMonadziWriter_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Roger Leigh
2005-09-07 20:20:12 UTC