[debian-installer page] No download link for s390x installer images?
Holger Wansing
2021-11-18 19:20:02 UTC
Hi all,
is there a reason, why we don't show download links for daily s390x images, at
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/index.en.html ?
It has been like this from the beginning of s390x 9 years ago (when replacing
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/commit/e610fb4482915d16225e7414ee1566bd0edfe868
https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/debian-installer/
Any ideas/comments?
s390 porters?

Does noone need installer images for s390 in testing?
Or how you get them?

Holger
--
Holger Wansing <***@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508 3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076
Philipp Kern
2021-11-19 10:30:02 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
is there a reason, why we don't show download links for daily s390x images, at
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/index.en.html ?
It has been like this from the beginning of s390x 9 years ago (when replacing
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/commit/e610fb4482915d16225e7414ee1566bd0edfe868
https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/debian-installer/
Any ideas/comments?
s390 porters?
Does noone need installer images for s390 in testing?
Or how you get them?
I always used the "other" images which *are* linked from there - you can
load them into the hypervisor and they boot up the installer, but you do
need working networking to grab the packages. I don't personally think
that there is much value in the CD images in the first place. There's a
theoretical possibility to use them but I'm not even sure if they would
work properly at this point - it's definitely untested.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern
Holger Wansing
2021-11-19 17:30:02 UTC
Hi Philipp,
Post by Holger Wansing
Does noone need installer images for s390 in testing?
Or how you get them?
I always used the "other" images which *are* linked from there - you can load them into the hypervisor and they boot up the installer, but you do need working networking to grab the packages. I don't personally think that there is much value in the CD images in the first place. There's a theoretical possibility to use them but I'm not even sure if they would work properly at this point - it's definitely untested.
OK, so this might be the reason, why the situation has always been
as it is now.
So, as this can be considered as intended, I will leave that touched.

Thanks for your answer.

Holger
--
Sent from /e/ OS on Fairphone3