Is broken Etch current on S/390 a known problem?
Adam Thornton
2006-11-03 20:00:20 UTC
I tried a few days ago to install Etch on an s390 system, and failed
to partition my DASD because kernel modules appropriate to the
installer kernel level weren't found. I presume this is a known
issue that will be resolved when RC1 rolls out and is just version
skew between testing and the installer, but I wanted to ensure that
it was known to be a current problem. I did not try building a daily
snapshot of the installer--at this point my S/390 box is a Flex-ES
emulated solution and it's very painful to do compilation on it.

Adam
Frans Pop
2006-11-03 20:30:19 UTC
Hello Adam,
Post by Adam Thornton
I tried a few days ago to install Etch on an s390 system, and failed
to partition my DASD because kernel modules appropriate to the
installer kernel level weren't found. I presume this is a known
issue that will be resolved when RC1 rolls out and is just version
skew between testing and the installer, but I wanted to ensure that
it was known to be a current problem. I did not try building a daily
snapshot of the installer--at this point my S/390 box is a Flex-ES
emulated solution and it's very painful to do compilation on it.
Yes, it is known:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2006/20061017

Please use daily built images in the mean time.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. I hope to be able to look into #396228 soon (unless Bastian Blank
picks it up first).