Can't start VNCSERVER
Tom Huegel
2012-12-18 15:50:02 UTC
I am trying to start the VNCSERVER but it is not working.
I think the problem has to do with not being able o find the font library.

Couldn't start Xtightvnc; trying default font path.
Please set correct fontPath in the vncserver script.
*** glibc detected *** Xtightvnc: free(): invalid next size (fast):
0x00000000ad59a280 ***
I installed the x11 font library,but can't find where.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks
Philipp Kern
2012-12-18 22:40:01 UTC
Post by Tom Huegel
I am trying to start the VNCSERVER but it is not working.
I think the problem has to do with not being able o find the font library.
Couldn't start Xtightvnc; trying default font path.
Please set correct fontPath in the vncserver script.
0x00000000ad59a280 ***
I installed the x11 font library,but can't find where.
Any ideas where to look?
What do you invoke exactly? »vncserver« is a wrapper script that should
invoke Xtightvnc with the right options. Still it's of course possible
that there's a bug in the software.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern