s390 removed from jessie
Julien Cristau
2013-10-14 19:30:02 UTC

as of tonight, s390 has been removed from the jessie suite on
ftp-master. The s390x architecture has replaced it starting with the
wheezy release. s390 remains in sid for the moment, but is likely to go
away "soon".

Cheers,
Julien
Mark Hymers
2013-10-16 18:50:02 UTC
On Mon, 14, Oct, 2013 at 09:28:58PM +0200, Julien Cristau spoke thus..
Post by Julien Cristau
Hi,
as of tonight, s390 has been removed from the jessie suite on
ftp-master. The s390x architecture has replaced it starting with the
wheezy release. s390 remains in sid for the moment, but is likely to go
away "soon".
Hi,

Following the removal of s390 from jessie, we intend to complete the
process by removing it from sid this weekend. If anyone has any
objection to this, please let us know as soon as possible.
As noted above by Julien, s390 has been replaced by s390x as of the
wheezy release.

Thanks,

Mark
--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"Well, the thing about a black hole - it's main distinguishing feature - is
it's black. And the thing about space, your basic space colour is black. So
how are you supposed to see them?"
Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Marooned
Steve McIntyre
2013-10-16 22:50:02 UTC
Post by Mark Hymers
On Mon, 14, Oct, 2013 at 09:28:58PM +0200, Julien Cristau spoke thus..
Post by Julien Cristau
Hi,
as of tonight, s390 has been removed from the jessie suite on
ftp-master. The s390x architecture has replaced it starting with the
wheezy release. s390 remains in sid for the moment, but is likely to go
away "soon".
Hi,
Following the removal of s390 from jessie, we intend to complete the
process by removing it from sid this weekend. If anyone has any
objection to this, please let us know as soon as possible.
As noted above by Julien, s390 has been replaced by s390x as of the
wheezy release.
I have likewise removed s390 from the daily/weekly CD build config,
and from the architecture lists in debian-cd. It will still be
possible to build s390 stuff for a while, but we'll not be using or
testing that code any more in sid/jessie.
--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. ***@einval.com
Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/
Mark Hymers
2013-10-23 21:40:03 UTC
On Wed, 16, Oct, 2013 at 11:42:47PM +0100, Steve McIntyre spoke thus..
Post by Steve McIntyre
Post by Mark Hymers
Following the removal of s390 from jessie, we intend to complete the
process by removing it from sid this weekend. If anyone has any
objection to this, please let us know as soon as possible.
As noted above by Julien, s390 has been replaced by s390x as of the
wheezy release.
I have likewise removed s390 from the daily/weekly CD build config,
and from the architecture lists in debian-cd. It will still be
possible to build s390 stuff for a while, but we'll not be using or
testing that code any more in sid/jessie.
Hi,

We've removed s390 from unstable, experimental, buildd-unstable and
buildd-experimental. It will vanish from existence at the next
dinstall.

Thanks,

Mark
--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid but some abuse the privilege."
Unknown