Request assistance with monotone package on alpha, hppa, mipsel, powerpc, s390
Zack Weinberg
2007-09-04 02:30:14 UTC
I'm one of the maintainers of the Debian package of monotone; I'm also
one of its upstream developers. For the new 0.36-1 package presently
in unstable, we decided to run the program's testsuite during the
build. This found failures on many architectures - a mixed blessing,
since on the one hand it appears that the program has catastrophic
bugs that need fixing, but on the other hand, now the package has been
kicked out of testing. :-(

This message is going out to all the porter lists for which the
monotone package presently FTBFS because of testsuite failures. I am
not a DD (the package is being sponsored by Ludovic Brenta) so I do
not have access to any of the Debian porting hosts, nor do I have
other access to any of your architectures.

I would therefore greatly appreciate assistance with these bugs. If
you have time to debug the thing yourself and send patches to
monotone-***@nongnu.org, that is of course the most helpful thing
you could do. Failing that, the next most helpful possibility is if
you are willing to grant me access (unprivileged only is fine) to a
machine under your control, and install monotone's build-dependencies
on that machine. If you can't do that either, at the least we might
have a chance of guessing what the problem is if you built the package
to the point where it fails (using a method that does not destroy the
build tree when the build fails), then tar up the tester_dir/
directory and the "mtn" binary and send them to me.

Thanks in advance,
zw
Lennart Sorensen
2007-09-06 00:50:09 UTC
Post by Zack Weinberg
[...]
I am currently attempting a build in my unstable chroot on my alpha. It
might take a while. My mipsel isn't hooked up at the moment so I can't
try that one (and it would take more than a while on it). I don't own
any hppa, ppc or s390 at this time. I only have m68k, mipsel, sparc,
alpha, x86 and amd64, so far, and have access to arm. Well and a mips
(not el) but it isn't supported by linux at this time. :)

--
Len Sorensen
Grant Grundler
2007-09-06 06:40:12 UTC
Post by Zack Weinberg
I'm one of the maintainers of the Debian package of monotone; I'm also
one of its upstream developers. For the new 0.36-1 package presently
in unstable, we decided to run the program's testsuite during the
build. This found failures on many architectures - a mixed blessing,
since on the one hand it appears that the program has catastrophic
bugs that need fixing, but on the other hand, now the package has been
kicked out of testing. :-(
Zack,
I kicked this off on my testing/unstable hybrid hppa box:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us

Source/Build tree is on:
iou.parisc-linux.org/~grundler/monotone-0.36/

hppa is a 32-bit user space and this system is running a 64-bit kernel.

Please let me know off list if you would like access to that machine
and/or ia64-linux machines.

cheers,
grant