upgrade-porter-chroots on zelenka
Philipp Kern
2012-05-20 13:50:01 UTC

I just ran upgrade-porter-chroots on zelenka and got this in sid_s390x:

| Setting up texlive-base (2012.20120516-1) ...
| mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXLIVEMAIN...
| mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXMFMAIN...
| mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
| mktexlsr: Done.
| /usr/bin/tl-paper: setting paper size for dvips to letter.
| /usr/bin/tl-paper: setting paper size for dvipdfmx to letter.
| /usr/bin/tl-paper: setting paper size for xdvi to letter.
| /usr/bin/tl-paper: setting paper size for pdftex to letter.
| /usr/sbin/update-language-dat: cannot duplicate fd 3 to fd 0: Bad file descriptor
|
| malloc: ../bash/execute_cmd.c:3673: assertion botched
| free: called with already freed block argument
| Aborting...

We see this sometimes on the buildds, too (also on plain s390). Giving it back
mostly solves the problem. In this case the postinst of texlive-base hangs due
to update-language-dat. I cannot kill the process in question and Ctrl-C does
not work. I guess that chroot will need manual attention and possibly cleanup.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern
Faidon Liambotis
2012-05-20 14:30:02 UTC
Post by Philipp Kern
| Setting up texlive-base (2012.20120516-1) ...
| mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXLIVEMAIN...
| mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXMFMAIN...
| mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
| mktexlsr: Done.
| /usr/bin/tl-paper: setting paper size for dvips to letter.
| /usr/bin/tl-paper: setting paper size for dvipdfmx to letter.
| /usr/bin/tl-paper: setting paper size for xdvi to letter.
| /usr/bin/tl-paper: setting paper size for pdftex to letter.
| /usr/sbin/update-language-dat: cannot duplicate fd 3 to fd 0: Bad file descriptor
|
| malloc: ../bash/execute_cmd.c:3673: assertion botched
| free: called with already freed block argument
| Aborting...
We see this sometimes on the buildds, too (also on plain s390). Giving it back
mostly solves the problem. In this case the postinst of texlive-base hangs due
to update-language-dat. I cannot kill the process in question and Ctrl-C does
not work. I guess that chroot will need manual attention and possibly cleanup.
Killed & run apt-get install -f, everything seems good there.

Care to report a bug? :-)

Thanks,
Faidon