buggy libwxgtk2.4-dev ?
Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo
2005-02-24 23:00:17 UTC
Hello s390 porters.

Could someone take a look at the following buildlog?
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=scorched3d&ver=38.1-1&arch=s390&stamp=1108676494&file=log&as=raw

My package (scorched3d) depends on libwxgtk2.4-dev, and tracking log this
is the package which is installed during build.

However it returns 2.5.3 version for configure scripts, and causes errors
at some later part of build.

Seems that s390's libwxgtk2.4-dev provides libraries from 2.5 version.

Could someone investigate it? Or should I submit bugreport against this
package?

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

regards
fEnIo

ps. please CC me cause I'm not subscribed to this mailing list.
--
,''`. Bartosz Fenski | mailto:***@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
: :' : 32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska
`- http://skawina.eu.org | jid:***@jabber.org | rlu:172001
Bastian Blank
2005-02-25 18:50:09 UTC
Post by Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo
However it returns 2.5.3 version for configure scripts, and causes errors
at some later part of build.
Hmm, the configure checks for >= 2.4.0, why does it fail with the
announced 2.5.3?
Post by Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo
Seems that s390's libwxgtk2.4-dev provides libraries from 2.5 version.
I think you know how to unpack packages and investigate the problem.

Bastian
Deflector shields just came on, Captain.
Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo
2005-02-26 11:50:08 UTC
libwxgtk2.4-dev wasn't updated since last August. I don't think it
something in the package.
Ok I investigated problem with some help from #d-devel.

The problem was that 2.5 version of wxwidgets doesn't conflict with 2.4
version. I'll patch configure script for using explicitly 2.4 version
without alternatives system.

Thanks for your help.

regards
fEnIo
--
,''`. Bartosz Fenski | mailto:***@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
: :' : 32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland