RFS: herculesstudio -- Hercules gui interface
Liang Guo
2010-07-20 06:00:02 UTC
Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "herculesstudio".

Package name: herculesstudio
Version: 1.2.0-1
Upstream Author: Jacob Dekel <***@mvsdasd.org >
License: GPL
Programming Lang : C++
Section : otherosfs

It builds these binary packages:
herculesstudio - Hercules gui interface

I overrided debian-rules-ignores-make-clean-error lintian warning, for before
build, Makefile does not exist.

The upload would fix these bugs: 585510

My motivation for maintaining this package is:
HerculesStudio is the first gui frontend in Linux, it is easy to use, I use it
to study IBM z series mainframe knowledge, I think it use useful for others
too.

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/herculesstudio/herculesstudio_1.2.0-1.dsc

Kind regards
--
Liang Guo
http://bluestone.cublog.cn
Bastian Blank
2010-07-20 09:50:02 UTC
Post by Liang Guo
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "herculesstudio".
Package name: herculesstudio
Version: 1.2.0-1
License: GPL
Programming Lang : C++
Section : otherosfs
Please explain this section.
Post by Liang Guo
I overrided debian-rules-ignores-make-clean-error lintian warning, for before
build, Makefile does not exist.
The error is real, please fix it.

Some other things:
- Overriding the MAKE variable is not correct.
- Use dh_install
- It considers itself non-working with the current hercules package,
please provide patches.

Bastian
--
There are certain things men must do to remain men.
Liang Guo
2010-07-20 17:00:02 UTC
2010/7/20 Bastian Blank <***@debian.org>:
Hi, Bastian,

Thank you for your kindly review!
Post by Liang Guo
I overrided debian-rules-ignores-make-clean-error lintian warning, for before
build, Makefile does not exist.
The error is real, please fix it.
I removed this lintian warning, it's fine now.
Post by Bastian Blank
- Overriding the MAKE variable is not correct.
removed overriding MAKE
Post by Bastian Blank
- Use dh_install
I don't clearly understand your meaning, how should I use dh_install ?
Post by Bastian Blank
- It considers itself non-working with the current hercules package,
 please provide patches.
I've submit a bug 585508[1] on hercules to ask the maintainer to enable
external GUI, but get no response until now. should I do a NMU ?

I've reuploaded herculesstudio to mentors, would you like to check it
again? it can be downloaded from

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/herculesstudio/herculesstudio_1.2.0-1.dsc

Thanks and Regards,
--