Help needed: Porting IRAF to s390
John Long
2014-05-14 07:40:01 UTC
Ole, I saw my changes here but did not know if they got pushed to IRAF:

https://github.com/olebole/zsvjmp/blob/master/zsvjmp-s390x.s
https://github.com/olebole/zsvjmp/blob/master/zsvjmp-s390.s

Would you please change the copyright to either 2 clause BSD, or MIT, as we
discussed on the 11th (see below) and make sure the correct copyright gets
included in the IRAF repo?

Thanks,

/jl

mips@ Sorry for the noise but since this started here I am copying
the list along with s390@ so they see it was resolved...

----- Forwarded message from John Long <***@inbox.lv> -----

Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 09:38:19 +0000
From: John Long <***@inbox.lv>
To: Ole Streicher <***@liska.ath.cx>
Subject: Re: Help needed: Porting IRAF to s390 [draft code attached]
How shall I refer to you? Shall I put you in the copyright line there?
(with e-mail-address?)
Ok, thanks. You can use 2 clause BSD license or MIT license.

----- End forwarded message -----
--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
against HTML e-mail X Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD
Ole Streicher
2014-05-14 07:40:02 UTC
Hi John,
I have pointed upstream to these files. However, there is probably more
needed for an s390 IRAF port, so it may take some time until it really
ends up in a source tar file.
Post by John Long
https://github.com/olebole/zsvjmp/blob/master/zsvjmp-s390x.s
https://github.com/olebole/zsvjmp/blob/master/zsvjmp-s390.s
Would you please change the copyright to either 2 clause BSD, or MIT, as we
discussed on the 11th (see below) and make sure the correct copyright gets
included in the IRAF repo?
I'll add an explicite notice. IRAF itself is, however, MIT (as you can
see from the LICENSE file in the git repo), so I felt that there was not
need to repeat this.

Sorry for confusion here.

Best regards

Ole
John Long
2014-05-14 07:50:02 UTC
Post by Ole Streicher
I have pointed upstream to these files. However, there is probably more
needed for an s390 IRAF port, so it may take some time until it really
ends up in a source tar file.
Ok, lemme know if there is anything further I can try to help with.
Post by Ole Streicher
I'll add an explicite notice. IRAF itself is, however, MIT (as you can
see from the LICENSE file in the git repo), so I felt that there was not
need to repeat this.
You are correct. I read too quickly and thought it was OpenSolaris CDDL but
that is only one component, not IRAF proper. The rest appears to be MIT as
you said.
Post by Ole Streicher
Sorry for confusion here.
Sorry for the noise.