dasd-id vol-id
Tom Huegel
2012-11-13 18:20:02 UTC

I have DEBIAN s390x installed, but I get a lot of these messages at start
up.

*udevd[344]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/dasd_id' 'dasd_id --export
/dev/dasdb': No such file or directory

[?25l [?1c 7 [1Gudevd[352]: failed to execute '/sbin/vol_id' '/sbin/vol_id
--export /dev/dasda': No such file or directory

[ [32m ok [39;49m 8udevd[361]: failed to execute '/sbin/vol_id'
'/sbin/vol_id --export /dev/dasdb': No such file or directory

udevd[365]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/dasd_id' 'dasd_id --export
/dev/dasdb': No such file or directory

udevd[363]: failed to execute '/sbin/vol_id' '/sbin/vol_id --export
/dev/dasda1': No such file or directory *

After doing some research I found an OLD bug report (2009) that describes
my problem, but it also indicates the problem has been resolved.

*Package: udev
Version: 0.114-2
Severity: grave

The dasd_id tool and the corresponding rules got removed some time ago
without a proper upgrade path to a proper s390-tools version (which
does not yet exist in Debian).

Bastian
--
Either one of us, by himself, is expendable. Both of us are not.
-- Kirk, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1

I am a real LINUX beginner but 40 yrs. with VM

Thanks
Tom
Stephen Powell
2012-11-14 04:10:02 UTC
Post by Tom Huegel
I have DEBIAN s390x installed, but I get a lot of these messages at start
up.
*udevd[344]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/dasd_id' 'dasd_id --export
/dev/dasdb': No such file or directory
Can anyone tell me what to do next?
I am a real LINUX beginner but 40 yrs. with VM
This is probably something that needs to be cleaned up, but it does not
appear to be causing any operational problems. I get the same errors
on my system during boot. At some point in the boot process, the errors
go away. I trust it will be addressed eventually. Philip may wish to
elaborate. I do not speak for the port team.
--
.''`. Stephen Powell
: :' :
Philipp Kern
2012-11-30 20:50:02 UTC
Post by Tom Huegel
I have DEBIAN s390x installed, but I get a lot of these messages at start
up.
The vol_id stuff simply needs to go away. It's s390-tools which does that so
it's easily fixed (i.e. this weekend). For dasd_id I'll try to get a solution.
Both don't cause any harm, though.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern