Roll call for porters of architectures in sid and testing
Christoph Egger
2013-09-01 15:10:01 UTC

I am an active porter for the following architectures and I intend
to continue this for the lifetime of the jessie release:

For kfreebsd-*, I
- test packages on this architecture

This includes running a Desktop (Notebook) System on testing and am
therefore testing the relevant stack every day

- triage arch-specific bugs

I've been working on regressions for some time and plan to continue
there (in the past I've worked e.g. on libxcb, emacs and the kernel
+ lots of build failures)

- fix arch-related bugs
- maintain buildds

I am a DD

Christoph
Bastien ROUCARIES
2013-10-02 12:40:02 UTC
Add me for armel.

Bastien
Hi,
Arch || DDs || NMs/DMs || Other || Total
---------------++-----++---------++-------++------
armel || 3 || 0 || 1 || 4
armhf || 3 || 1 || 2 || 6
hurd-i386 || 5 || 0 || 3 || 8
ia64 || *0* || 0 || 3 || 3
kfreebsd-amd64 || 4 || 0 || 2 || 6
kfreebsd-i386 || 4 || 0 || 2 || 6
mips || 1 || 0 || 1 || 2
mipsel || 1 || 0 || 1 || 2
powerpc[1] || (1) || 0 || 2 || 2.5?
s390x || *0* || 0 || 0 || *0*
sparc[2] || 1 || 0 || 0 || 1
[1] The (1) and .5 is from a "I am not primarily a porter [...]"-remark,
so I wasn't sure how to count it.
[2] By the looks of it, if sparc was replaced by sparc64, we could be
looking at 3 in the "Other"-column rather than 0.
NMs/DMs include DMs and people currently in NM process. The "Other"
column may include people who said they would like to become porters
(but would need to be introduced to the job) and thus may imply some
active recruiting from the current porters. This is at least true for
hurd-i386.
The current policy says that we require "5 developers" (i.e. DDs) for
release architectures[AP], so based on that only amd64, i386 and
hurd-i386 would pass this requirement. It is quite possible we need to
revise that requirement, but most of the architectures would (still) do
well to attract a few more (DD) porters.
I have attached a file with my notes of who are behind those numbers.
If your name is missing or you believe I have miscounted something[CD]
for an architecture listed in the table above, please reply to this
email *promptly* (CC'ing me explicitly is fine) with your concerns or
corrections.
At this time, I have *not* updated the arch qualification table yet. I
will do that in a couple of days. We will also follow up on this in the
next bits from the release team.
~Niels
[AP] http://release.debian.org/jessie/arch_policy.html
[CD] I may (or may not) have been caffeine-deprived when I did the
counting. You are free to make assumptions about whether that has
affected my ability to do addic^Htion or parsing your email(s) properly.
Dave Jones
2013-10-02 15:30:02 UTC
Hello, all.

I am not currently a porter but I would like to be one for the s390x
architecture.

I am familiar with zSeries system programming and have a lot of
experience in running Linux in virtual environments, mostly z/VM on
large IBM processors.. I use Linux for 11 year, family with cross
compiling tool chain.

I am not a DD/DM. and I am somewhat surprised not to see Philiip Kern
(***@debian.org) on the list.

DJ
Hi,
Arch || DDs || NMs/DMs || Other || Total
---------------++-----++---------++-------++------
--
Dave Jones
V/Soft Software
Patrick Baggett
2013-10-02 16:10:02 UTC
I'm interesting in helping on ia64. I'm not fluent in ia64 assembly, but I
can get around pretty well. I'm very experienced in C/C++/Java and
debugging. I've got a fully functional system running Xorg/Mesa3D/sound, so
I can reproduce, test, and fix issues as time permits.

Patrick Baggett
Hi,
Arch || DDs || NMs/DMs || Other || Total